Monday, December 17, 2007

Recipe Countdown 2nd day

My family absolutely loved this recipe. We had it as our snack today and again with dinner. Even Derek sucked it all down in a bottle...get the hint of how yummy?

Egg Nog

2 eggs (or the equivalent Egg Beaters egg substitute)
1 (14ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 quart milk
1 pint whipped cream
nutmeg


Beat together eggs, condensed milk and vanilla.
Slowly beat in milk.
Gently fold in whipped cream.
If you are adding alcohol, rum, brandy or bourbon are the traditional choices.
Sprinkle nutmeg on top to taste.

2 comments:

Becca said...

sick & wrong! Sorry, I hate egg nog. But maybe I could make it for my Dad this week. They are coming to visit.

Valeri said...

Well, given the fact that I'm quite the heavy drinker, I may just have to try all 3!

KIDDING!

Chloe and I love egg nog, but have never actually made it. I'll have to give this recipe a try.