Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Recipe countdown 3rd day!

This is so fun! I haven't blogged this much in a LONG time. This recipe is a long time family favorite and tradition; however, since I can no longer find Acini de Pepe pasta since we moved to California, I will have to find a new favorite--I already have it in mind and will post it later. I just wanted to keep you in suspense....

Frog Eye Salad
We usually half this recipe.

1 lb acini di pepe pasta (located with pasta)
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 (15 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple in juice, crushed (reserve juice)
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice (reserve juice)
2 TBSP lemon juice
1 pint Cool Whip we like extra creamy


Prepare acini de pepe as directed on box.
In saucepan beat eggs with wire whisk until foamy.
Stir in flour, salt, sugar and pineapple liquid.
Cook over low heat until thick and bubbly.
Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
In large bowl combine acini de pepe with egg mixture and chill.
Fold in Cool Whip.
Fold in oranges and pineapple.
Cover and chill thoroughly.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Yuck! I hate that one too! It's not the taste of that one so much as the texture! Am I making you mad. You know I love you so much so I can tease you. Hee Hee