Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Recipe Countdown 4th day

I usually wait until the end of the day to thoughtfully put in my best recipe. I didn't even have to think twice about this one. This recipe hails from my sister-in-law Tracy. I made them today and WOW they are yummy. My preschoolers loved them too!

Ginger Snaps

1 1/2 sticks of butter (3/4 cup)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
Cream these ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.

In a smaller bowl stir together the following dry ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt1
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves

Add the dry ingredients by parts to the butter mix, combining well each time. Mix well and refrigerate for 1 hour - overnight. Roll small spoonfuls into balls, coat in sugar and place on cookie sheet 2 1/2 inches apart. Bake @ 350 for 8-10 minutes. Bake to golden brown for soft, chewy cookies or to darker deep brown for a crispier Snap.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Sounds yummy! I might actually try that one. Although, I don't think I even own molassas.