Thursday, December 20, 2007

Recipe Countdown Day 5

This is a great appetizer. We have turned it into a meal:

Does anyone hate ironing as much as I do? Just a random question...

Sausage Dip

1 package (1 lb) good quality sausage
1 green pepper-chopped
1/2 onion -chopped

Brown the above ingredients and put into a crockpot

Add to the crockpot:
8 oz. sour cream
8 oz. cream cheese
2 cans of 14 1/2 oz. stewed tomatoes. Del Monte makes a mexican style that is fabulous. We also blend up the tomatoes so they are not chunky.

Cook on low for at least 5-6 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. "Scoops" chips work great! My friend Lisa has discovered that is great over broccoli....I have yet to try that one. :)

1 comment:

Eran and Aubre said...

Oh my heck Amy, what a darling family you have!!! Your children are gorgeous =O) I love your pictures!! I hope you guys have a great Christmas! Love, Aubre www.barnhartclan.blogspot.com