Saturday, December 22, 2007

Recipe Countdown Day 6

Okay, so I was lying in bed last night and realized that I had not posted my recipe for the day. Instead we went and saw "The Sound of Music" with Ryan and Breanna in Santa Maria. It was a good excuse and quite frankly my bed sucked me in. :) Here is one for you...

Sticky Buns

Easy version:

20 Rhodes frozen rolls

Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with the rolls

In a saucepan combine:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 package COOK AND SERVE vanilla or butterscotch pudding (instant will be a disaster)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Pour this over the top after it has all melted together. Wait for the dough to get almost to the top of the bundt pan, cook at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. As soon as they come out of the oven flip them over on a plate and enjoy the goodness!

The more difficult version includes making your own dough. For those of you who received my Sticky Buns this Christmas this is the recipe I used. No frozen easy peasy stuff here...

Buttery Rolls

1 cup water
1 egg, scrambled
3 1/4 cups bread flour
4 TBSP sugar
3 TBSP dry milk
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast

Make dough. Let rise once. Make into rolls place into bundt pan and continue as above.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I thought the sticky buns was a "secret family recipe" I have felt so luck to have it these last couple of years and now........well, I don't feel quite so special!:-(