Sunday, October 11, 2009

Time to jot down some thoughts

So as a few people have mentioned that I needed to update our blog, I thought...well now is better than never! So here goes...

Kevin is at a DARPA Internship--a fabulous opportunity for him and he is loving every minute.

Derek potty trained in ONE, yes ONE day. All it took was a little potty. None of the other kids have ever wanted to use one, but he knew exactly what to do with it when we unwrapped it from the store. He hasn't seen a diaper since. Nursery was a success today as well as we left church in the same clothes he went in. Absolutely amazing and I give him all of the credit.

I love www.hulu.com.

We offically returned our receiver for Direct TV and will be cable/satellite free for who knows how long. It is quite liberating I must say.

Trampolines were one of the best inventions ever made.

PTA is rolling along, Landsharks has started for the season, growing another person in your 30's uses more energy cells than it did in your 20's, and having kiddos on a 7:00 PM bedtime routine is fabulous!

The three oldest have started golfing lessons and Courtney won the prize for best distance last week. Who knew?

Wishing were at Disneyland this week for Courtney's birthday. That is one place I really wouldn't want to tackle without Kevin...Derek tends to run faster than me these days.

Found a fabulous cake/cupcake icing recipe that uses marshmallow creme...great combination of the sweetness of regular frosting and the consistency of whipped cream frosting. I think we will keep it around for a while.

Learned how prepared we were for evacuating our home due to a fire on the base. Really don't want to have to do that again, but now the Suburban sits in the driveway with a FULL tank of gas.

And I have an 11 year old in the house. How did this happen? How did she grow up so quickly? 7 more years and she will be off to college. Oh my goodness. I just can't think about that. Craziness I tell you, pure craziness.

Not missing the 20 degree coldness of Colorado right now. We can still go for walks all around the base in a sweatshirt and take that off mid morning. Although I do miss the colors of fall...

Happy Sunday thoughts...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

We dumped our tv connection in 2006, and have rarely missed it, especially because you can watch your favorite shows on the internet most of the time. And, I have to agree that a trampoline is worth every penny. Even my neighbors in Montana commented, "Wow, that was the best thing you guys ever bought." They would see the kids out there year round (in snow pants, coats and slippers in winter).

Morg.Jess.Audrey said...

It's so good to read your updates!

I will definitely be telling Morgan about your liberating experience of getting rid of the cable/satellite...he just turned ours back on. Maybe you could help talk him back out of it!!!

And a 7:00 bedtime routine IS wonderful!! Most people I talk to think we're out of our minds...but really, an early bed time helps me keep my mind.