Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I have found what I am intimidated by...

So, for a few years now I have been contemplating getting a nice camera. I have hummed and hawed, gawked, shopped around, talked to several friends and photographers, you name it--I have probably done it except the deed itself of forking out the moolah to buy the thing. For Christmas this year, Kevin absolutely, completely and astoundingly bought me my dream piece of machinery...a Nikon D90. It has since sat on our counter faithfully charging longing to be picked up and used only to receive a faceoff from me in which it inevitably won. I must say it is perfect timing with our little one arriving in less than 6 weeks, but I still find myself increasingly intimidated by this camera probably due to the fact that a great picture is just more than hardware--it now includes software editing, learning a totally new vocabulary, using natures gifts correctly and then mixing them all together. We'll see how this goes but here are some firsts...




1 comment:

Jessica said...

Photography is definitely an art that I'm not sure I'd like to try & take on. Good luck with your new hobby!