Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A good night's rest

I realized this morning that I haven't slept through the night for about 16 months straight. Several factors play into this:
1) The last months of pregnancy are never conducive to a full nights sleep. Bladders just aren't made as big as they should be.
2) I always have wild and crazy dreams when Kevin is TDY/Deployed. These are dreams I usually wake from and say to myself, "What in the world does a peacock have to do with the landing of a hovercraft?" The last trimester of my pregnancy with Audrey was no exception.
3) I had a baby. ' Nuf said.
4)Our dog, Ginny, apparently is getting whimpier in her older age and will only stay outside to do one of her two duties. So, then at 3 or 4 AM she wakes me to go outside and do the one she was too lazy or cold to do when I let her out before bed. Seriously? This is also the dog who has to Skype with Kevin or she demonstrates bad behavior when I leave her alone in the house.
Maybe tonight will be different, but I highly doubt it. If the kids are late for school, you will know that my miracle finally occurred.

1 comment:

Josh said...

I think Karen can commisserate with you on the lack of sleep ... but without the funny (to me anyway) dog stories. Good luck resting over Spring Break! :)