Thursday, March 3, 2011

So, I may be turning a new leaf

Traditionally, I have used the blog to keep grandparents up to date on the happenings of our craziness here in the Amsden household, and I firmly believe that Facebook killed the blogging world or at least slowed it down a little bit--- that being said, I think I MAY be ready to venture into being a blogger once again but this time just try "writing" instead of "posting". Not sure what the difference will actually be but I am willing to give it a try. My first entry... Why must everything my body craves to eat be so chock full of calories? Doritos...Lemon Meringue Pie, Hot Chocolate, Nachos, the list could go on and on but I will spare the details of my crappy eating habits for maybe another day. In watching calories like a hawk, I have determined that I need to find a new love for veggies and fruits; unfortunately, the place to do this would have been California as most of our produce here is shipped from there so... I am on the hunt for GOOD tasting produce. I have developed a love for red peppers and actually ate broccoli on purpose the other day. Shocking, I know...

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm amazed! I would love to develop my own love for peppers. You can certainly do anything you set your mind to & you've proven that time and time again!

Josh said...

Mmmm ... broccoli swimming in cheese! Yum! :)

I loved eating fresh fruits and veggies on my mission in Los Angeles ... then when I got back home here in CO, much to my surprise, everything was twice as expensive and half as fresh. Now I eat way too much junk food and meaty-cheesy items. My taste buds love me, but I am sure my cholesterol doesn't!

Welcome back to blogging (or writing ... or "posting" ... whichever!)