Friday, March 4, 2011

The weather

The weather here is nuts. Two days ago, 60 degrees, today raining something which looked like kosher salt. Yes, is will all melt by tomorrow and I will be left with my nasty, crunchy brown grass which seems to want to live inside my house instead of wait dutifully to do its job in the summer. I must say I have been less than impressed with the snowfall we have experienced this year. We were stocked with gloves, hats, coats, snowpants, boots, the works and we have yet to build a snowman over 12 inches high. As I am writing this, Courtney meanders over to tell me about her school day carrying a handful of chocolate chips---I hold out my hand palm side up which in parent language is "Fork some over, kid" and she hands me one. One chocolate chip. I love that girl!

2 comments:

Josh said...

The longer you live here the greater appreciation you will have for the weather! "All four seasons in one day" is not a joke here in the Springs!

(Note that my hand is being held out, palm side up right now ... "Gimme!") :)

Jen said...

You have trained her well! Guard the chocolate carefully, always!