Sunday, April 10, 2011

A faithful companion


As I was walking to the kitchen to check on lunch, I heard the sound of the Amsden Family's faithful companion---Ginny, our Jack Russell Terrier following me. I will be the first to admit and our children will always have priority over our dog; however, she bring to our family a joy (most of the time) that we have never seen with other dogs. For intance, since Kevin has been deployed she needs her time to Skype with Kevin. Call me crazy, but she still needs to know that he is still around and loves her. Unfortunately, she doesn't get wrestled around quite as much with him gone, but we do our best to turn her into "White Lightning" around the house where she runs around like a "Crazy Dog" and subsequently throws the kids into fits of hysterical laughter. She greets us at the door when we come home, rids our yard and garage of mice, becomes an electric blanket for the children at night and gives me a sense of security knowing that her hearing is better than mine sometimes. She is predictable, loving and genuinely a great fit into our family.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Being allergic to most every animal I've never had a dog as a pet, but I like to think that I'd have loved one ... especially one so fun as yours sounds!

And anything that throws kids into hysterical fits of laughter is totally worth whatever the cost in time, energy, etc. :)