Friday, August 19, 2011

A change of pace

So if you have read my previous posts, you know I have two gears... reverse and high. Apparently this week, my high gear just got a turbo engine with a couple of nitric oxide boosters added as we have rolled into the athletic arena. I have few sports in which I will whole heartedly support my children participating in (I hate ending in a prepositional phrase, but I can't figure out how to change it). In fact, I have two--- swimming and running. A few of my reasons are that I want them to be good at the sport individually and not have to depend on a team for their success and the other biggie is that I want them to be able to do the sport for the rest of their lives. So this week we entered into the competetive swimming arena with Breanna and Ryan. I am not expecting Olympic swimmers; however, I believe that caring for your body has to start early and part of that is giving your heart a good workout. So swimming five days a week is now on our platter of activities. Courtney will eventually follow and as we have watched Derek learn to exhale underwater on his own (thankfully not inhale!), I am pretty sure he will be following suit when he is old enough.

I have made it through this week. It was a test. Kevin is working for our retirement to the tune of at least 16 hour days (Generals keep one hopping on both feet repeatedly) so how much I put on to my plate is solely dependant on how I can manage it all. Being exahausted at the end of the day feels great as long as I have my time to keep myself healthy in the mornings. Now I just need some suggestions on what to feed these children after practice so I don't have to keep making a fourth meal. :)

1 comment:

Josh said...

I suggest a healthy dosage of Chocolate Milk and Crazy Bread from Little Caesars.

Oh wait, you probably want more "healthy" stuff.

I've got nothing! :)