Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sweet Home Alabama

Alabama. The land of sugar white sand beaches, top notch golf courses, pristine fall colors and historical sites. Apparently, it will be home to the Amsden family next summer as well. Kevin has the opportunity to go Air Command and Staff College in Montgomery and we get to be his follow-on entourage in this wild adventure the Air Force has handed us. How do I feel about it? Well, let's just say my opening statement with the sugar white beaches was not the first thought that popped into my head... my first thought was fried chicken, fried Twinkies and fried Snickers bars. I didn't think of those because I am dying to try one but that is what pops into my brain of when I think of the South. I also think of quotes such as these from "Sweet Home Alabama" the movie produced in 2002-- "You dumb stubborn redneck hick," "Look at you, you have a baby... In a bar," and "Why don't you go back to your double-wide and fry something." I am, admittedly, biased on my perception of what the other end of this beautiful country I live in is like. I am super uper duper excited that Walt Disney World is only 7 1/2 hours away, that Kevin's work schedule will be something similar to his college days and that we can hit the beach in less than a two hour drive. Would it be wrong of me to pick up a southern drawl if I wasn't born and raised an Alabaman?

1 comment:

AtoZ said...

It will be great to have you on the east coast. How long of a drive will it be for you all to come up to NY? It would be great to see y'all. HEHEHE